This site exists to provide easy access to information and online links about Poetry New Zealand, an international journal of poetry and poetics.
For details about the history of the magazine, how to submit work or to subscribe, you should go to our official website Poetry NZ, which also includes a link to our paypal account.
This, by contrast, is intended as a forum for announcements, arguments, debates and other poetry-related matters.
Articles & Interviews
- [19/1/14]: Changes at Poetry NZ
- [28/5/14]: Massey editor for new-look Poetry NZ
- [5/6/14]: Hard-hitting or controversial work welcome in Poetry New Zealand
- [8/6/14]: Radio NZ: Standing Room Only
- [17/10/14]: ‘Machinery for imagining’ in Poetry NZ
- [23/10/14]: Booknotes Unbound Interview
- [14/11/14]: Radio NZ: Nine to Noon
- [20/2/15]: Talking cats and other creative creatures
- [22/1/16]: Te Reo surge in latest Poetry NZ
- [15/9/16]: What should a magazine called Poetry NZ look like?
- [1/7/14]: Ascending from War (Auckland Philharmonia: 24/7/14)
- [4/7/14]: Poetry on Film (NZ International Film Festival, July-September 2014)
- [13/8/14]: Worldwide Reading for Edward Snowden (8/9/14)
- [26/10/14]: Poetry NZ Yearbook Launch (31/10/14)
- [3/11/14]: Poems in the Waiting Room (28/2/15)
- [16/11/14]: Poetry NZ Wellington Launch (1/12/14)
- [6/3/15]: Sarah Broom Poetry Prize
- [21/10/15]: Lounge #47 Reading
- [25/7/14]: Submissions closed for Poetry NZ 49
- [6/8/14]: Advice on Submitting to Poetry NZ
- [4/11/14]: Images from the Poetry NZ Yearbook launch
- [21/1/15}: Scott Hamilton's PNZ essay available online
- [20/2/15]: Reviews of Stephen Oliver's Intercolonial
- [25/6/15]: PNZ Yearbook 1 available as a pdf
- [17/11/15]: The Choice of a Cover Image for PNZ Yearbook 2
- [27/1/16]: Free pdf download of the latest issue of PNZ Yearbook
- [14/2/16]: Indexing Poetry NZ
- [20/3/16]: The Poetry NZ Poetry Prize
- [1/5/16]: Poetry NZ open for submissions (1/5-31/7/16)
- [2/8/16]: Do Poetry NZ submissions have to be unpublished?